Thank you for including your artwork in the next 100 Market Gallery exhibition. You will receive a confirmation email after completing and submitting the online submission form.
To submit, please do the following:
- complete the required fields at the top of the form,
- add each piece of artwork you wanted included,
- read and accept the two disclosures, and
- select submit.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you need assistance.
Artwork will remain up for the entire duration of the exhibition and requests for early removal of artwork cannot be accommodated. Additionally, we do not store artwork. Please explain that to anyone interested in purchasing your artwork.
- You will be notified via email around the assigned date which artwork has been accepted.
- In preparing items for hanging your artwork, all artwork must be fitted with eye-screws, mirror or other loops, positioned as high as possible on the back of the frame. Picture wire is acceptable, although the higher the eye-screw/wire placement, the flatter the piece will lie. Please no clip back frames. If you have a special hanging set-up, do not hesitate to contact us.
- In order to identify your artwork, please attach the relevant portion of the email confirmation to the back of the accepted artwork. Unidentified artwork will not be accepted at drop-off.
- Drop-off artwork at the assigned drop-off window just inside the Hanover Street entrance of 100 Market Street in Portsmouth, NH. All accepted artwork by each artist is to be delivered at this time. If all of the accepted artwork by an artist is not delivered, the 100 Market Gallery reserves the right to remove all artwork by that artist from the exhibition.
- Pick-up artwork at the assigned pick-up window just inside the Hanover Street entrance of 100 Market Street in Portsmouth, NH. A storage fee of up to $25 a day will be charged for all artwork left beyond the assigned pick-up window. After 30 days, any remaining artwork will be donated to a local charity. The 100 Market Gallery’s liability for artwork starts when artwork is received during the drop-off window and end at the conclusion of the drop-off window, even if the artist does not pick up his/her artwork. If artwork is left after the pick-up window, it is no longer insured, and liability resides solely with the artist.
The placement of artwork will be at the discretion of the 100 Market Gallery and the exhibition jury, without exception. All in-house promotion will be handled entirely by the 100 Market Gallery. Artists are not allowed to post items, leave postcards or any other collateral outside the artwork book. Materials within the designated areas will be approved and handled by the 100 Market Gallery. Artist cooperation in this regard is most appreciated.
The artwork is insured by 100 Market Gallery. However, if you notice any damage to your artwork when it has been in our possession, please contact us as soon as possible so we can rectify the situation.
If a piece of artwork is purchased during the exhibition timeframe, we request that artists do not take the piece down and give to the buyer until the end of the exhibition period.